Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Moscow Jr. Miss

Thanks to all who sent flowers, Text and phone messages! The night was a success. She had to go interview in front of 6 judges in the afternoon and then compete that night in front of the 6 judges and about 500 people in the auditorium. There were 18 girls competing. They did a fitness routine, Talent - she played the piano, answer a question and an academic judging from your transcripts. She did very well in all categories. She won the Interview category and was chosen 2nd alternate. She earned $1000 in scholorship money. She was doing so well in all categories I am sure I was the only mom saying " If she wins this I am going to kill her!!!" She got the perfect spot - she won some money, she has to do some local parades and other things but not too much! YAH!!! We were really proud of her she did a great job!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Such Cute girls!! Way to go Lauren!! I still am so shocked that she was totally into this (So Not Her)!!!
So pretty much she is good at EVERYTHING!

LOVE the picture of her and Steve, it shows both their personalities so well!

My Awesome Life!!! said...

O i didnt even know you were in a pageant other wise i would have texted or something! ahhh im so sorry! You look so pretty! Miss you guys! thanks again for taking me snow boarding!

Kristi said...

Yay! Congratulations, Lauren! I'm so proud of you!

Diana and Derek said...

Way to go Lauren. We are so proud of you. I do like your wake boarding skills. Why couldn't they have done this in the summer and you could have taken the whole competition with your skills.

Anonymous said...

Yipee:) You beautiful girl!!!!! I love the pictures!!!!! Money for collage is always a plus! Less Top Ramen and more veggis and smoothes:)