Sunday, August 23, 2009

BAPTISM DAY

Grace had a great day! Grandma & Grandpa Pennington, Dee-anna and boys & Jackie and Justin all came for her big day! She was really cute! She asked Derek and Jackie to speak and they both did great! Justin led the music & the sisters sang "My Own Little Lamp" (a family tradition which Jackie said she will not continue on to the next generation! hehehehe) Lauren played the flute with part of the song! We had a packed relief society room - Derek had asked me earlier how many people I thought might come and I really didn't think many would come on a saturday at 1:00! He made fun of me the rest of that day!  But we have wonderful supportive friends and we did not even have enough seat! She is a very much loved little girl! We are so proud of her! She is on her way to Jackie and Justins today without us! We are still packing up Lauren and leaving in the Morning! It is now starting to be really sad! I will really miss Lauren!
The Baptism girl and her dad
We made lots of CTR cookies for everyone that came
Here is part of the crew that came to celebrate with us
Jackie and Justin also had their 1st Anniversary - Same day as the Baptism!  So here they are eating their wedding cake they saved for a whole year!  All the kids thought that was the grossest tradition they had ever heard of!  
  

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Omgosh, cutest cookies ever! What a special day for Grace! We have something for her when you come out here... Your leaving today?

Tell Derek to leave you alone! Hehe I can totally picture him bugging you! I love those guys...

And I'm gonna have to agree with Jackie...time to use a new song. ; )

Cassy said...

How exciting for Grace! And I totally agree with Shannon, those cookies are the cutest!

Jessica said...

Hurray for Grace!

I can't believe that Lauren is off to school. How did that happen? Your home will really be different with 2 missing girls.

They put me in as Laurels advisor recently, so back to the wonderful days of YW. Although, I will always love the Beehives.

Good Luck to you!