Sunday, November 8, 2009

And he Turns 16!!!

While we were gone to the funeral Derek turned 16. Since I was going to be gone and he didn't want to do anything I made up a little surprise for him! I had 30 shirts made with a Happy Birthday Derek Pennington and a picture on them. He was surprised!!! He had no idea! He thought it was so funny! Every class had people wearing the shirts and they would sing Happy Birthday to him! He said it was pretty fun! Thanks to my cute neighbor and his friends for passing them out and wearing them!Here he is opening his Presents early Sunday before we left!

Savannah and her friend modeling the shirts for me! Since I was gone no one got a picture! The funny thing is I have had people ask me if they can get one! They are all gone! HAHAHA

5 comments:

Cassy said...

Those shirts are awesome! I bet he just loved it!! hehe.

Anonymous said...

So glad he was a good sport on his 16th birthday!! Happy birthday Derek only 3 more to go until your Mission!!!

Diana and Derek said...

Our Derek Pennington shirt has a place of glory on Blake's wall. Where will this shirt turn up next? I think I will take it to Time Square in NYC, then Disney World. Happy Birthday Derek!

Buell Fam said...

That is seriously the cutest thing!

Esther Attridge said...

I love that his friends wore those t-shirts. so funny!!