Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tender Mercies

I have typed and erased entries for the last 10 mintues. I don't even know how to put my feelings down into words. It has been a very exhausting week but in the end we were blessed with 2 beautiful little grandchildren! Weston Mark Schwartz 1lb 11 oz and Addison Grace Schwartz 1lb 10oz both were about 13 inches long. Sweet little faces and perfect little bodies.
Jackie went into labor on Monday and went right into the logan hospital and things did not go well and was life flighted to Ogden. Labor was stopped for a few days and then started up again on late Thursday night. Friday morning things continued to get worse. Jackie was so drugged and not feeling well and labor just kept progressing until her placenta abrupted and they had to take the babies.
Jackie is doing Great! She is recovering well! She is such a positive person! We just love her! Justin is doing Great! He is the best! He is such a cute little dad and husband! My daughter and grandchildren are in the best hands!
The babies continue to do as expected for their tender age! They are little fighters! We have heard of many prayers on their behalf and are very thankful to all!
I was reminded this week of my Heavenly Fathers love for his children. If I follow where he leads me, I am blessed beyond measure. Sometimes it takes me awhile to remember to give my burden to the lord and when I do, immediately he holds my broken heart together with his hands and I feel peace, even in a room of chaos. I have seen many miracles this week and know he will be with our little ones as they fight there way through this new life.
That is Jackies hand and this is little AddisonLittle Weston
They both have lots of dark hair - so cute!
Everything is so perfectly formed and little
Savannah was able to go and see the little pip squeeks! We all just love them!

14 comments:

ashley said...

Congrats grandma!! They are beautiful!! We will send our prayers your way too. I am grateful for the Lord's blessings in you and your family's life!!

Kristin said...

Oh they are amazing! So tiny and precious. I love their names. Been thinking about your family all week. Cole mentioned Jackie and her babies in a family prayer just last night. Hope you all are doing well. :)

rexburgskinners said...

So sorry we missed you at the hospital yesterday. What amazing little ones...they would have to be with such amazing parents and grandparents. Quite a Legacy.We love and pray for you all.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you made it home safe and sound;) We are so very grateful that Mommy and babies are doing so well and pray that they continue to do so. Lots of love from SC!

Jessica said...

They are beautiful little miracles. All my prayers are with your family. Congrats Grandma!

Unknown said...

Please tell Jackie they'll definitely be in our prayers. I remember when Di & Rick were practically living in the NICU in Spokane. They still talk about all the prayers from people across the country and the Spirit they felt as they went through that time. They knew they weren't alone and Jackie and Justin aren't either!! They sure are beautiful babies!

Kristi said...

Been thinking about Jackie and her twins all day. My prayers are with them!

Karen said...

Oh my. What little angels. They will be in our prayers. Such sweet little ones. Congrats to all.

Diane Rice
—DocuDoctor
said...

Love the names! Little Addie, so cute, and Weston has special meaning to me: Elder Simeon Weston baptized me in Denton, Texas, in 1978! I know they're in the best hands, congratulations!

Patricia Nelson said...

Our thoughts and prayers and in abundance! Keep strong! We love you all. Such precious little ones and so cute.
Tricia Nelson

Grandma Patt said...

Great Grandma Pat thinks the babys are so little and cute.Its great to hear Jackie is doing so well You are all in our prayers. We like the names Weston Mark and Adison Grace. Keep th enews coming so we know how things are going

Liza said...

Jackie, Justin, Rachel and Steve, you are all in our prayers and especially your two darling little twins. May the Lord continue to bless you and help you every moment of this challenging time. So many people are praying for all of you.
Love and Blessings, Kirby and Liza and family

John and Ann Tolman said...

WOW...and you thought the week of June 13th was busy!I think grandma Bagley was "busy" on June 25th sending the 3 "spirits" to her great grandchildren! Congrats grandma, hope all is going well for "all" of you.

Melinda said...

My heart is so full for all of you right now -- not only because of the twin connection but because my little girl is due a day after these two were supposed to come. So every time I feel her move inside of me, I think of them and of Jackie and of everything you must all be feeling right now -- times two!!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers -- and if you need any more than that, just ask!!! ~ Melinda :-)