Sunday, November 7, 2010

Elder Gavarrett


This weekend was our Stake Conference and one great perk of being the Stake Presidents family is we get to host the visiting General Authority.  Elder Eduardo Gavarrett came this weekend and he brought such a great spirit with him.  He was a lot of fun and continually teased Derek and I about having to talk in Stake Conference.  Come to find out he wasn't teasing and we both got to have a turn at the pulpit!  We don't have to do that usually Steve knows he will be in trouble if he calls on us!  AHAHAHA  Elder Gavarrett wasn't afraid of us I guess!  HA It was a fabulous stake conference and a wonderful weekend.  The church really is true and we are so blessed to have it in our lives.

4 comments:

Diana and Derek said...

What a great opportunity. How neat to have general authorities in your home. As for being called up to speak in conference, we just love those opportunities to grow! Your picture reminded me that you all are down to just three at home. It is strange, isn't it?

Jackie said...

I know! It is weird that they only have three at home!! I was so proud of Derek when I heard that.... And I wish Savannah would stop getting so much better looking than the rest of us.... little naughty;)

Anonymous said...

I love Stake Conference It's the only Sunday I get to sit next to Darren!

John and Ann Tolman said...

Jordan "gets to" speak this next Sunday our Stake conference too!