Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Before the weekend started Grace had her Spring Show at the Gym and did GREAT!
At the last minute we decided to go to Oregon for the holiday.  We were able to see Steve's great Aunt Marie who is not doing very well since she broke her hip.  She is in her 90's and they don't think she will last very much longer so we decided to go and see her.  We also got to visit with Grandma Green (Steve's Grandma), Steve's brother Don and their family, his brother Mike and his family, Steve's mom and dad and my dad.  It was a great visit and we even ended up with a new family member.  My nephews found an abandon kitten at Grandma Greens house and so Grace begged and pleaded her Daddy (he really can't say no to his daughters) and we have a new kitten that came home with us.  For the first 2 hours of the trip she cried and cried and clawed and clawed but then she settled down and bonded with Grace for the next 8.  THANK GOODNESS!  We were all about to go nuts!  Derek calls her Jimmer but I think her name will be Bella (that's what the rest of us call her).  She follows me around everywhere crying unless I hold her .........  When is summer vacation????

Floor Routine - Just wait for her to be in the Olympics!

dismount off the bars

Look at that air!

4 blues and a red.  That's my girl!

Playing games with the cousins

Playing something- not sure what but it was very loud!

LOVE these girls!  Jeavoni just got back from Italy where she was a exchange student and is now hoping to get accepted to a design school over there!  We loved looking at all her pictures!! Savannah is hoping she gets accepted so she can go and visit!
Grandma Pat and Grandpa Jerry
Grandpa Johnson

Grandpa explaining his new contraption


Yep- His own version of the Bio -dome.  Actually I think it is more of a Hyro-dome.  My favorite was when he went to turn it on to show how it worked and told everyone to stand back because he wasn't sure what was going to happen!  HAHAHA  I love my dad!


our newest member of the family - Bella or Jimmer depending on who you ask

Bella rode home with us from Grandma and Grandpa's 10 hours!  Good thing she likes Grace!

2 comments:

Diana and Derek said...

Grace looks like an olympian! Wow! Very impressive. Uncle Derek votes for Jimmer. Let's go to Alaska for vacation! Disney Cruise, anyone?

Anonymous said...

I want to go to the Olympics and watch Grace! And I really would love to go visit Savannah when she goes to Italy to study;0) I am so very glad we will see everyone in a few months at Lauren's Wedding!