Friday, October 28, 2011

and then there was one ........

It seems I have always lived in a house FULL of people.  I am #3 in a family of a million and left that chaos to marry Steve - we filled up our house with chaos and I am starting to realize I may not have chaos for very much longer.  When my kids were little and people would tell me I will miss those days of chaos, I was very skeptical.  But I think they are right!  I think I love chaos!   OK - the reason for all this deep reflection is because this week on Family Night we carved pumpkins.  YEP you guessed it, only one child showed up:(  So Grace and Steve carved pumpkins.  I remember being extremely stressed when we found out (surprise!) I was pregnant with Grace.  Who knew she would save me from a premature empty nest!   Derek also turned 18.   He had a great birthday and now as he said "he can legally buy cigarettes!"  What a goof ball!  He loves to tease me!  One year from now and he will be on a mission!  AHHHHHH!   It seems life is in Fast forward - except Thanksgiving is taking forever to get here!  (that's when I get to see my grandchildren again!)  Also ........ I know a lot of information today........ Grace was in the Monster Mash at McDonald School.   My LAST CHILD to participate before she moves on to the middle school next year! 

Thank goodness for good ol' DAD!

Grace smiling like a pumpkin - Don't ya just love that little face!

Only picture I could sneak of the 18 year old! HA

My cute little twister game

Grace and her friends getting ready for the Monster mash- Mckenna was a lamp, Ashley was a peacock and Rachel was the cookie monster.

Monster Mash

2 comments:

Diana and Derek said...

I was saddened this year as well. We have no pictures of a carved pumpkin. My two left at home did not want to do a pumpkin this year.
Grace's costume is so cute. What a great idea.

Shannon said...

boo hoo!! i think i want to have another baby so i won't feel that empty nest feeling. I honestly love Chaos too! It brings me MUCH JOY!!

Grace's costume rocked!!! did you make it? i will die if you say yes!!