Saturday, February 9, 2013

50 Years:)




Steve turned 50 this last week.  We surprised him with all the kids at the Lake house for the weekend.  He was very surprised.  We ate lots of food, hiked the mountain behind the lakehouse, threw sand, played games, watched movies and worked on the puzzle. Steve loves to go to the lake house in the winter.   Me not so much.  It is cold and snowy and just makes me want it to be summer.  So needless to say we never go.  So he thought that was his birthday present - just me agreeing to go for the weekend.  When all the Utah kids & Grandkids walked through the door he was so surprised!  He couldn't believe I had kept such a good secret.  All his siblings wrote memories about him that we read and the kids all made a bucket list for him of things they want to do with him before he dies.  (which will be the next few posts)  It turned out wonderful!  

 I first loved him for the way he made me laugh, 
now I love him because he can always make me laugh even in the most difficult times.  
I first loved him for the way he could teach a sunday school class,
now I love him because he is a great example of how to live the gospel.
I first loved him for his desire to be such a good student,
now I love him because he has provided me with the best life.
I first loved him for how good he looked when he played basketball,
now I love him because he looks so cute in his vacation shirts.
I hope we have 50 more years together:)

Grace reading memories from Grandma Green

Throwing sand.  Steve's favorite wintertime activity when the water is so low

poor baby:(  But she was in pretty good spirits all weekend.  I think we were a good distraction

He loved the lake house in the winter just like Grandpa

helping throw some sand

playing monopoly - favorite lakehouse pasttime

Hiking the mountain

Beautiful day

enjoying time with aunt Savy


3 comments:

Jennie Kunz said...

Sooooo fun!!! Nice job keeping that big of a secret!!! What a fun birthday!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you could all be together for a weekend of Birthday fun!

Diana and Derek said...

It is so strange to see the water down that low. The picture of the monopoly game made me miss you all!