Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

With Conference falling on Easter it was a very relaxing day! We had the Boydstons and the Monsons over and Grandma Madge who is recovering from her knee surgery (she won't let me take any pictures of her so I will have to sneak one!) We had a wonderful dinner and great dessert and a big easter egg hunt! It was a nice day which have been few and far between the last 2 weeks!
Coloring the Easter Eggs
Derek sat like this for the entire time! He did finally color a face but that was all! I feel like he is done coloring eggs.
Colored eggs
The girls on the hunt for Easter eggs
I feel like this is becoming a pattern! (Shannon - what do I do when children don't want to take a picture? Oh yah! Ground them! HAHAHAHAHA)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel if you were a cute little teeny bopper with a cell phone giggling and asking Derek for his picture then you may get cooperation. Since your the trusty always there Mom you may have to just keep snapping and maybe in a year or two he will start to shape up in the non sporting picture taking category. Oh sorry my name is not Shannon;)

Karen said...

Looks like fun. Teenage boys...I am not sure what to do with them either. Happy Easter.

Cassy said...

Can't help with the picture taking situation, Rayne is a H-A-M! haha! But let me know how it works out because I will have to deal with this when Dylan gets older I'm sure! :)

Jessica said...

What a fun Easter. My oldest boy wont smile in pictures because he thinks it looks dorky. So now I have a lot of photos with him either looking shocked, scared, or in a trance...still not cool.

Shannon said...

Yes if they don't cooperate then you GROUND them!! Haha
seriously I am so awesome!

I love ALL the Easter eggs you dyed! Next year I will buy a ton more, my kids loved it this year!

Diana and Derek said...

Reminds me of the paparrazi here in L.A. Derek has the "give me my privacy" while I am with the general public down perfectly. That is what you get when you live with a basketball/football star. He is missing out on all the comments on how cute he is.
Your eggs look great. You all have skills!