Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The boy turns 17



Derek had his 17th birthday yesterday and as one of his birthday wishes - was to not have any pictures taken! HA  So I will just use old pictures and do a little blog tribute to my only son.  Derek is full of life.  He is the biggest tease not only to his sisters but also to me!  He seriously makes me shake my head or laugh at everything he does.  He is so funny.  In the back of his truck you will find many interesting items.  When I asked him why he had an axe and a bat  he told me sometimes you just need to chop stuff or hit stuff.  I decided not to ask any other questions.  He LOVES basketball and does very well.  He went to State with the Moscow High School team last year and hopes to repeat that again this year.  He has had the same 5 friends since kindergarten and everyday for lunch they all show up with him for lunch!  They are a great bunch of boys!  He loves to wakeboard, snowboard, surf and tube.  He landed a few backflips with the wakeboard last summer.  He loves his family and especially his Cousins! When you get the cousins together it can get really crazy and he is usually the ring leader.  He is a great kid and we love him!







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday big little Derek!

Diana and Derek said...

We love you Derek P. Happy birthday. Your aunt in L.A. would like to invite you out to surf, hang out, go to Disneyland, Lakers or Clippers game etc. Just ask your mom.

Shannon said...

AND he loves to break stuff! bahahaha he is seriously so hilarious and a titch naughty!! I LOVE that picture of him and taylor on the tube, they are awesome!

happy birthday buddy!