Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July ...... At least it didn't Snow!

This has got to be the coldest start to summer we have had in a long time! The sun was shining all weekend and I think the temp may have hit a high 80 degrees! Needless to say the water is still only in the low 60's. Still too cold for me! We had a great time up at the lake! Some did swim a little, we did some surfing, wakeboarding, kayaking and lots of eating! I did beat everyone but Steve in Ping Pong. I know surprised everyone! HA Steve also finished up his IFR rating (pilot talk for flying with instruments.) It was great to just sit around and do nothing but play! I know, I know we only have a little over a month until the wedding! That is why I had to come home! HAHA
All we needed to make it the perfect weekend,  would have been Jackie & Justin and the babies!

Savannah on the Sea doo

Goofballs messing around

Derek got a sunburn and had to spend some time in the shade!  No one believed me that you could get a sunburn even if it wasn't hot! ha

She even caught this!

making a Grace pyramid

We got a smaller surfboard that you can do tricks with....... just give him a few days and he will have some to show!

Doing a little Kayaking

Gotta love the flag girl!

David catching some air

These two play an intense game of Ping Pong.  Right after Derek beat Steve I beat Derek!  HAHA He was  not happy about that. 

Watching Fireworks right off our Deck

Neighbors on both sides had great shows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun even if it was a little cooler then you would have liked;0)

Diana and Derek said...

What a great way to spend the 4th. The blankets seem like they don't belong in the picture. You need to celebrate the 4th here. No need to worry about being cold.