Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Locks of Love


Savannah did the ultimate sacrifice today! She cut her hair for locks of love. Locks of love is a great organization that takes hair donations of 10inches or more and makes them into wigs and gives them to childhood cancer victims who can not afford one otherwise. She has been wanting to do it for a long time but kept chickening out! Today was the day! Jackie was so proud of her and told her that she was going to make some little girl with cancer very happy to get a beautiful wig! Steve kept trying to talk her out of it! He loves long hair! She looks so cute! And we are sending her hair off tomorrow! What a great thing she did! We are so proud of her!




Here is a few pictures from Dereks 3 day canoe trip with the YM up at Priest River! He had a great time! They came home with great stories of how they swamped thier canoe in the middle of the lake! I am always nervous when I send my son off with men - they are not always as organized as women! I remember a fathers and sons outing when Derek came home with no eyebrows I think he was a little close to the fire - which from what I understand was almosts a forest fire!

We are off to the lake for the rest of the Week with Don & Deeanna and family!

4 comments:

Cami D. said...

Savannah you are the COOLEST! Can I please be more like you -I love it. And your new haircut is DARLING!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Savannah:) and I think her hair looks darling short or long because she is just so doggon cute!!!!

BenjaminLane said...

Savannah should have been named Charity, because she is so full of it... full of charity that is. I miss you guys!

Diana and Derek said...

I love the new style. You look so cute. I think it makes you look older. That I do not like! What a wonderful example you are.