Thursday, August 30, 2007

Arrivederci!


Jackie is off to Italy- She should arrive in Rome about 3:30 am our time 12:30 Rome time! She was so excited! She will be studying at an Italian University in Verterbo about 40 miles north of Rome. She is taking an intensive language study, Italian Cuisine course and an Art History. She comes home on December 22nd just in time to give us christmas presents (Which we hope are expensive Italian purses) We will really miss her! People keep asking me if I am so sad to see her go -I'm not! I am so excited for her - I think I have taken her to many things that were much sadder than this! This is exciting! I have officially succeeded in talking Steve into letting me go visit! So Savannah and I will go around Thanksgiving for about 10 days! I will let you know how Jackie is doing - she doesn't have any cell service there - she left her phone with Derek (which he is very excited to now have a cell phone if even for a short 4 months) So she will just email as often as she can! Hopefully we will hear from her on the phone a little!
GOOD BYE JACKIE!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!! BE SAFE!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie we wish you the best in Italy! Hopefully Darren, Nick and I will see you there in a few months. Our Bishop served his mission there and has been telling Darren all about it:)

Darren Johnson said...

We are way excited to go and have been working on the plans so call me next week little sister and we can finalize everything!
See you soon Jackie!

Shannon said...

YAH!!! Jackie is probably the only person i know that could go and do this and LOVE it!
I am so excited for her too, and for YOu and Savannah, how fun!!!
LOVE you guys tons!