Sunday, April 19, 2009

Cancer Free + New Truck + Old Friends = Great Weekend

Jackie had her Tests on Friday and they came back ALL CLEAR! YAH!!! She doesn't go back for 6 more months! I am a stress eater and so ------ I have been shoving food in my face uncontrolably for 2 weeks now. So hopefully this week I can get it under control! I think I will try Shannons - No Sugar week! Maybe I'll make it to Tuesday! hehehhe ( I am such a diet flunky) Derek also had a big weekend! He got his first car! He home teaches this great older couple who are selling thier house and moving closer to thier kids . It is really sad we have Steve has been thier home teacher since we moved here! Well they needed to sell thier truck - which is in great condition - not very many miles on it - it has just sat in thier garage for the last 10 years! So they sold it to Derek - he is now working hard on our Christmas Tree farm to pay it off! He is so excited - he has lots of plans for his new truck!
We also had our Friends the Skinners come to visit this weekend! We love to see them! The kids all got to play with thier friends and they are gone already! It makes us excited for the summer when they come back for longer!!!
We had Stake Conference this weekend and it was great! I now have an even longer list of things I need to do! But now I am deteremined to get some of those things done!-

"Make the Best of things in the Worst of Times" new favorite quote from our Stake conference!
Here is the new Truck
He still doesn't like pictures - even when he is excited!
Jackie, Grace & Justin - planting an Herb garden - Grace is our Green thumb in the family!
Savannah and her BESTEST BUDS! Katelyn & Elizabeth
Grace and her Bestest Bud Kindra! It was so fun to have them visit this weekend!

9 comments:

rexburgskinners said...

It was sooo fun to see you! You uplift our spirits! We will play longer this summer! Yeah to Jackie!
and have fun crusin' Derek!

ashley said...

good news and lots of fun this weekend. of course, i loved your husbands comments on sat. stake conference here is always good. glad you guys got to reunite with old friends!! that is the best!

Cassy said...

Nice truck! And very nice to hear that your stress is able to subside now. hehe.

Shannon said...

WOW Derek, sweet truck! I am sure he is LOVING it!

I love the Herb garden, i want one!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that Jackie is still free of the radicals. Cool truck Derek!!! Gracie can you come and plant herbs at our house:)

Kristin said...

Great news about Jackie! :D I really enjoyed the Adult session of conference...it was good. I've added to my list of to do's as well! :D

Diana and Derek said...

Congratulations Jackie! That is exactly the kind of truck we would like to buy. Every guy in this family wants a truck!

Unknown said...

How cool is that, congratulations Jackie!! Our "nursery kids" are really getting all grown up! Glad you had a good visit.

President & Sister Pennington said...

when can kindra come again?
from
grace