Thursday, May 20, 2010

500 miles!

So about 2 months ago I started training with my friend (Ricki) for a bike race. It is called the Chafe 150 - the total race is 150 miles but they have a 1/2 Chafe for 80 which is what we signed up for. June 12th is the day up in Troy, Montana - we ride all the way to Sandpoint, Idaho. This time of year on the Palouse is so beautiful! We are so spoiled to have all these farm roads to ride on. We have logged over 500 miles on our bikes! Our longest ride has been 55 miles. This last Week alone -we rode over 100 miles! It has been quite a journey! Some days I wonder what I was thinking - wait - most days I wonder what I was thinking! We are now in the countdown stage and are feeling pretty confident in being able to ride 80 miles. I'll let you know how we do!
Ricki on our last ride- Everything is so green right now and the lilacs are in bloom and smell so good!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

These pictures make me sooo homesick! It's so beautiful there!

Jennie Kunz said...

You are awesome!!!!

Shannon said...

i bet the views are breathtaking!

You are NUTS!! way to go you over achiever!!!

rexburgskinners said...

whoot whoo...you go girls! Those pics are really making me homesick! Way to go!

Jackie said...

WOOHOO!!! GO MOM!!!:D

Diana and Derek said...

Biking is great exersize. What a great goal! You can do it! Go Radi Go!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! I am sure that you will do great and enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way!