Monday, May 31, 2010

Grandma Pennington


We lost a another cute little grandma this last weekend. Grandma Pennington was 92. Steve has many memories of his grandma she lived by him for most of his life. He loved her banana cream pies. I knew her for most of my life too because I lived in the same ward and worked for Steve's mom and Dad most of my teenage life in their Swimming Pool business. But the time I will cherish the most is when we were living in Portland and going to Medical School. Grandma lived right by the portland temple. We had dinner every sunday with her and visited many times a week. She saved me during that stressful time. Her home was always welcoming. She would just take care of Jackie, Lauren and I. The girls loved her very much. When she would babysit for me she would always take them on a walk to the temple (2 blocks away). They developed a love for the temple from a very early age. She was a beautiful women inside and out! We love her very much! She will be missed!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

oh i totally remember her, is this not grandma cook? so cute!

John and Ann Tolman said...

Wow,I think there must be a "90 year old grandma" meeting in heaven right now! Fun memories to treasure.

Cami D. said...

I LOVE Grandma Pennington/Cook! I'm so glad she came down a few months ago and spent some time with us here. She's left behind a great legacy! Love you guys!