Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Confession

I mostly blog because I think it is a great way to preserve family history. (okay I do like the comments!)  So obviously you blog the good things and say great things about your family so I will understand if this comes as a total shock to most of you! . . . . .My children are not perfect.  There I said it.  With that being said I decided to blog about the thing that BUGS me the most.  It has always been a struggle with my children from Jackie all the way down to Grace P.   THEY ARE PIGS!   Yep, its true.  I have tried many different ways  for over 24 years to counteract this horrible behavior but to no avail.   Some day I will publish my list.  You would think that by Grace I would have come up with some great way to teach your children, but sadly no it continues to plague me.  So lately I have decided not to do ANY laundry that is not in a laundry basket.  Doesn't seem that hard - there is a basket in every room, in every bathroom, or even heaven forbid, walk 5 steps and put it in the laundry room baskets.   So needless to say the laundry has really piled up in their bathrooms and bedrooms until recently they all complained they had no clean clothes.   Well I said put it in a laundry basket and it will get done.  Still no compliance.  So I continued to only do the laundry that was put in the proper place.  So today I noticed that someone had put all the dirty clothes from the bathroom in the laundry - close but not in a basket.  I almost picked it up and started doing it but stopped and decided I will walk over it and not do any laundry that is not put in a basket.  We will see how long this lasts!  Good thing is we have no company coming for a while.
Children aren't they precious

Who knew they had so many clothes - I think they are wearing dirty clothes to school!

This is only one side of the room the other side is just as bad!

10 comments:

Cami D. said...

i LOVE IT! You are a WAY nice mom! Mine finally resorted to putting it all in a black bag and we had to earn it back! ha ha i love that you blog the real stuff too!!

Summer Carlile said...

LOL! You should talk to my mom that was always her struggle with us. The good news is that we get cleaner over the years. I should talk to Shannon her house is always spotless.

Karen said...

Good for you! I started the same thing. Yesterday I had one kid running around in underwear looking for pants. I did everything I could not to laugh out loud.

Jennie Kunz said...

HA HA HA HA! Oh Rachel. . . and this is one of the many reasons why I love you so much! That is awesome you're sticking to it!
LOVE YOU!

Jessica said...

I am currently dealing with this same issue!! Glad to know it isn't just my precious kids. Right now I refuse to give them any clean clothes if they don't put away all the ones on their floor, clean or dirty. They have to wash the ones on the floor because they missed laundry day. It is almost working. Works well with some, but the agony on the school mornings.

Jackie said...

Hey, hey, hey now..... you could mention about how when we leave the house and have to do our own laundry at our own houses we do ok! We grow out of it....

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rachel keep up the good work;)

Kristin said...

Maybe it's a girl thing??? :)

Kristi said...

Ha! Too funny! Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels like a broken record. I think kids need to hear things a gazillion times before it finally sinks in.

Diana and Derek said...

Ha ha! Stay with it! It's not a girl thing. We should post a picture of Blake's room.