Thursday, February 10, 2011

Warning: a litte sappy.

So maybe my kids aren't perfect but my husband comes pretty close! He had a birthday this last week and turned 48.  I have always felt like Heavenly Father picked me up and put me right where I needed to be so I could marry such an amazing person.  He is probably the busiest person you will ever meet.  He is the Stake President, Orthopedic Surgeon, Vandal Team doctor, husband and father.  He never complains, he just does what needs to be done.  He asked me once what job I hated the most out of all the things I do.  I told him I hated mowing the lawn.  That was about 4 years ago and I have not mowed the lawn since.  We never fight . . . he always gives me my way.   He keeps us laughing and even laughing at ourselves.  He loves to watch his kids play sports, loves to fly his plane, LOVES the lake house, loves it when his older girls who are gone call to talk to him (unless they talk about affairs of the heart!)  and he LOVES his grand babies.  Things he doesn't like are brocoli, laziness, drivethru's and packing.   Happy Birthday Dad P.!  We love you!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Awww! Love you more than the Lake House dad!:)

Anonymous said...

Very nice birthday tribute for the birthday boy! Happy birthday Steve:)

John and Ann Tolman said...

Nice tribute...where did you find him at? Happy Birthday Steve! and MANY more!!!

Jennie Kunz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! What a cute post! I love Derek in the back playing with his phone! HA HA HA HA!!!

Lauren Parker said...

man, i love that guy.

Shannon said...

um, that was perfectly said, and not sappy at all!! love that guy and he is absolutely perfect.
happy birthday Steve!!

and i believe that yes you were handpicked for him and he for you. because your both freaking amazing!!
xxoo

Diana and Derek said...

Happy Birthday, old man!