Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet P.

This last birthday wasn't one to really blog about.  We were traveling home from Utah and I was SOOOOOOO sick.  Not fun, not fun at all.  I was laying across seats in the airport, making sure I was always close to a bathroom.  Finally made it home just in time to take a bath and GO TO BED.  I didn't get out of bed for 2 days.  But there is a story I couldn't forget about my sweet little Grace P. 
She has a hard time being the little one because she always wants to do GRAND gestures for people but doesn't always have the resources or abilities to accomplish them.   So on my birthday she was already feeling so sad because no one reminded her it was my birthday or took her shopping for a present AND I was sick.  So when we finally got home I probably wouldn't appreciate her making me a cake.  But she found a way to make my Birthday VERY special. 
During our layover in Phoenix, while I was laying again on the airport seats waiting to board our flight, I gave Grace and Savannah some money to get some food.  Grace came back without food but a little package wrapped in a paper sack and card.  She had spent her money in the gift shop:) She bought me a little souvenir from Arizona!  HAHAHA  I love that kid! She keeps telling me she is sorry for not getting me anything good!  That little desert snowglobe is probably one of my most treasured possesions:)


7 comments:

Esther Attridge said...

What a sweet story!

Jessica said...

What a great kid you've raised! So very thoughtful.

Diana and Derek said...

We love our Grace P.! She is awesome. I am sorry you were so sick getting home. Nothing worse than having to travel while you are sick. Sounds like you picked up something from Brodie. We are glad you are better.

Shannon said...

oh how sweet!! love her!! such a bummer to be sick especially while traveling and ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! ugh...you should have taken that apple cider vinegar!!
xo

Jennie Kunz said...

What a little sweetheart!! Sorry you were so sick!! Yuck! Good thing you have grace to cheer you up!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lousy way to spend your Birthday! What a very sweet Grace trying to make sure you had something special! Hope you get to celebrate now that you are feeling better;)

Kristin said...

how sweet...you'll have that cute little snow globe forever, i'm sure. :}