Monday, February 6, 2012

Sister's Trip

This year our sister's trip was to Disneyland and we all signed up and ran a 5K at 10:30pm - Crazy time for a 5K.  It was a fast and fun weekend!  I love my Sister's and Sister-in-laws!  My Mom was a trooper. A few years ago she was diagnosed with Parkinsons and it has really slowed her down.  We talked her into letting us push her in the wheel chair and boy did she have a 5K WILD RIDE!  Shannon, Mindy and I took turns pushing her and we only ran into one person.  oops!  There were over 4000 people running this 5K.  It was like a Cattle Drive so it was hard to run with a wheelchair and maneuver around people.  But we did our best!  HAHAHA I think my mom kept her eyes closed most of the run! My sister Shannon is sooooo competitive she almost didn't let our poor little  mom take a bathroom stop half way because it would wreck our time! HAHAHAHA  We teased her the rest of the weekend for that one!  We did great ended up about 38 min with a bathroom stop and pushing a wheel chair!  My mom said she felt like she had been on a motorcycle ride! :) She was a good sport!   We spent the next day playing at Disney and California Adventure & stayed up late talking!  It was a Great Weekend and I miss everyone!  I think we should do it once a month!:)
Here we are before the race

DISNEYLAND with NO kids!  Who knew it would be So fun!

my mom crossing the finish line

A quick beach trip - it's part of being a Johnson - You LOVE the Ocean!

Dirty Bear trying to eat my food!

No comments: