Sunday, March 29, 2009

The ground hog is out to get me and a proud Mom Moment!

We woke up this morning to a blizzard! A BLIZZARD!!! Are you kidding me! If we were rounding up the month (I have a second grader- rounding is part of the math curriculum) it would be APRIL! I love winter but I am DONE!!!
I had one of Dereks teachers stop me at a program we were at the other night and tell me a few things about my cute little son! One - she wondered if we were struggling financially because my son has been out of paper for a few months now! hehehehehe She knew we were okay but wanted to make sure I sent him with some paper on Monday! Then she told me a story of this girl that sits behind Derek who is very shy and is a little backwards and how Derek always turns around and asks her what she is working on. She said this girl doesn't really know how to respond to Derek but he always is talking to her anyway! ( I'm guessing he doesn't want to do his own work!) She told me how the other day she was almost in tears as she watched Derek turn around like usual and ask her what she was working on - the girl shared with him her poem she was writing and how Derek sincerely told her how great it was and then turned around and worked on his own work. The teacher said the smile that came across that girls face did not leave the rest of the class and continued on the rest of the day! She then told me how she has a few special needs kids in that class and how Derek always says Hi to them and talks to them! She said she told her story to another teacher who knows Derek and they both agreed they think he is a leader in that 9th grade class. I was so proud! I just had to share! (Its much nicer than the letter I had to sign that he had to write to his Art teacher for not behaving in his class!!!)Savannah has been using my camera and is really artistic here are a few of her pictures!
Another one of Savannahs cool pictures!

You can't play outside ITS TOO COLD!!! Grace and Ashley found another
place to play this is the top shelf of our linen closet!

11 comments:

Cassy said...

You've got some good kids! And the groundhog's revenge is why we LOVE California! haha!

rexburgskinners said...

The story of Derek made me cry what a sweet guy! Remember I have two daughters close to his age!! We are anxious to see you in a few weeks! Tell the snow to go away so we can come!

Shannon said...

See you are doing a good job with Derek! haha
What a little sweetie, I love it when cool boys do stuff like that.

NO Thanks on your blizzard, we are out of here....Las Vegas Baby!!

Anonymous said...

Good for Derek!!!!! Love the pictures Savannah took:) Gracie that is too much fun!! So sorry you are still getting snow:(

Kristi said...

What a good egg! So glad there are some good boys out there. It makes me hold out hope for good hubbies for my three daughters!

Diana and Derek said...

That Derek is pretty neat. Just like his uncle. Haley and her friends enjoy playing in our linen closet too! Is Savannah expressing her angst concerning being imprisoned in the hold of more winter through photography? (The shadow of bars over a footprint)

Buell Fam said...

I love that story of Derek - it made me teary-eyed! What a sweet boy.

Karen said...

Nice story. It was so sweet. I too am thinking that winter has stayed too long. We are cold and rainy and that is just no fun when you live in the south.

Summer Carlile said...

What a sweet son you have! I hope my boys will be nice like that.

Kristin said...

ya, that's right...go away snow!

Moscow Monson's said...

I'm laughing at the shelf with Grace and Ashley. With all of your kids I have seen climb them I can't believe they still hang in there! So FUN!