Monday, October 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had a great but busy weekend. Elder R. Bruce Merrill of the Quorum of the Seventy came for our Stake Conference and brought his wife. It was a so nice to visit with them all weekend. They were Mission Presidents for the Provo, Utah mission not too many years ago. They had some great stories - I remember after they left that Jacquie was there on a mission in St. George I wonder if they were her Mission President- Laurel you will have to ask her. We also had President and Sister Baker from the Spokane Mission and President and Sister Schlerf from the Spokane Temple here. I did a lot of cooking and entertaining but it was really fun and very uplifting! It is amazing how I think every talk was for me!

Sunday was also Dereks birthday! He got to wake up early and sing in the Youth Choir for Conference! All his favorite things to do! He was a good sport about it - plus how many people get a room full of religous leaders to sing Happy Birthday to you! He loved that too! He finally got to open his Presents about 4:00 after everyone had left and had hamburgers and home made french fries and chocolate cake! He is a great kid and we love him! I have been having a hard time with him growing up! He was such a cute little boy - Now he is like a man - I have been mourning the loss of my little boy these last few days! I guess that has to happen - thats life right!
I don't have many pictures of his birthday because he wouldn't let me take any - he said he didn't want his life blogged!! What a goof!This is him getting cake before we could light the candles and have him blow them out! I did light the candles and before anyone could sing Happy Birthday or get a camera he blew them out and then as I tried to light them again and again he kept blowing out the match - Isn't he cute!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

I love that you still blogged him anyways! HAHA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!

Kristi said...

What's it like having general authorities stay at your house??? I think I'd be a nervous wreck! I'm just to OCD, I guess. I'd be noticing all the tings out of place and all the dirt, and wondering if they were noticing them too!

Cassy said...

So fun! I was doing some baby mourning this week to. But my baby still is a baby. Weird. Happy Birthday, Derek!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Derek. I hope you had a great day! Rachel, I just read your blog comment. For the record, now that we visited the museums, cemeteries are next! After I told the kids they were jumping for joy. Kierstin wants to know if we were to visit the cemetery on our Anniversary would that be weird? Any chance we get to write down tombstone information is a good time. - Phil

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Derek! I love that he got to sing in the choir for his Bday!
Tell him Boston has a shirt that says "My mom's blog is better than your Moms" haha

Jacq said...

Haha that was my Mission President! How funny. Laurel told me that you had them stay with you. How cool!