Monday, January 5, 2009

School?????? NOPE!!!!!

We really are feeling like we live in Alaska - except the kids would still go to school!!! Today was to be the kids first day back to school and we woke up to a couple feet of new snow and the wind blowing - that is the perfect combination to make a snow day! Needless to say the kids were very excited - 1st snow day of the season! The snow was so deep Our neighbors the Brockbanks decided instead of shoveling so much snow - they turned half their driveway into a sleding hill! I love snow - but even I am done!! The kids are now hoping for another snow day - could happen more snow is expected tonight? Global Warming?????This was a good idea! But I didn't get over there to take pictures until it was getting dark!
Savannah & Taylor on the sled!
Going a little to fast! Gotta love Snow days!

8 comments:

Karen said...

That is a whole lot of snow. If that happened here school would close for a week!

John and Ann Tolman said...

No way!!! How funny. We had a little rain here and good thing because Uncle John could hardly wait to get back and see his students! He really likes being a teacher...better than staying home with me cuz I'm finding all sorts of "things" for him to do. Have fun in the snow!

Shannon said...

That looks awesome!! SOOO FUn!!

rexburgskinners said...

Wow! Looks fun! We sure missed out sledding at the brockbanks! I go with Mitch to ski school wednesday!
I hope my body can handle it!

ashley said...

looks like you guys had a great day..i am so sick of shoveling snow and unfortunately january just started...eek!!

Anonymous said...

I just have to say that Savannah has the cutiest snow pants ever!!!!!! I think a big mug of soup would be perfect after a day of sledding!!!!!

Kristin said...

Snow days are fun! Jeremy has a brother that lives in Alaska and I think we do have as much snow as they have. :)

Katelyn said...

No fair! we havent got one yet! thats so sad i missed everything. especially goin to hang out with savannah! tell her i love her!