Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 10 & 11

Our trip home took 24 hours and 3 planes. Derek was so happy to have Mcdonalds - I think I may have seen a tear! We will forever be changed. We came home with a new appreciation for this great Country in which we are blessed to live . And feel a great responsibility to help others not as fortunate as ourselves. We are now going to work on making quilts for that little Tucson village. SXHU is donated bunkbed for thier huts and we are going to provide quilts for the beds. We are also going to start a Missionary clothing project. The missionaries that leave from their have nothing. We donated all our suitcases (except the few we needed to bring our stuff home in) to the missionaries. We are going to gather up white shirts & Ties and socks to send back for all those Elders who are leaving on missions! If you would like to help in our efforts let me know! I am hoping to get 50 quilts made and 2000 ties (in honor of the stripling warriors) to send by Christmas! We are in the process of making a movie of our adventure - we will post a small one on Youtube for all of you to see. If you are interested in the long version - on your next visit to our home we will be happy to show you!
Some more highlights of our trip! Singing Hymns
Dressing up



Grace and I infront of a reed hut

6 comments:

Cami D. said...

Rach, I can't even stand it. I just read about your whole trip and I am so overcome by not only your family and this expierence that you had but the lives that are forever changed because of it. How incredible for you all to expirence this - thanks for sharing it.

I'm excited to see you this week!

Shannon said...

Seriously what an amazing experience for your whole family! I can't wait to do this, i would love to help donate to those cute missinaries!
You guys are amazing, i love this!!

Buell Fam said...

Wow - it looks like an awesome experience. Your pictures are amazing!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you guys that you were blessed to have such an awesome experience! Keep us posted on how the projects are going we will send some things before you are ready to send them out.

Kristin said...

I just read through all of the posts from your trip (my boys are wondering why I've been on the computer so long). :) What an amazing experience your family must have had. I'm going to go through Jeremy's ties. :)

Just Only Me said...

Hi Rachel! I popped over from Kristin's blog and I have to say, your travels were amazing. What a neat time to spend with your family, how I'm sure you grew through this incredible time. I want more pictures! I've added Lima onto my "Places to visit before I die...hopefully" List. Amazing!