Sunday, June 29, 2008

Day 9

We had the morning to play before we headed to Lima. Laurens allergies went crazy out on the reed islands so her and Derek stayed in the Hotel. Savannah, Grace, Steve and I climbed to the top of a mountain where they had a statue of a Condor. We climbed to about 15,000 feet. We had done pretty well with the altitude until now! It was hard to catch your breath and climb that high! Grace did great! She pretty much ran up the hill! I think I was the last to make it - but it was incredible up there you could see forever! After our grand adventure of climbing we spent the afternoon traveling to Lima.
View from the top of the hill!
The statue of the Condor
The steps we had to climb to see the condor
A parade we happened by on our way back to the hotel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you made it!!! I think I would have been in the hotel with Lauren and Derek:)