Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 4

Macchu Picchu! Incredible! This was a really fun day! We traveled on a train , took a bus up through some switch backs all the way to the top where you find Macchu Picchu! The pictures do not give it justice! It was overwhelming! Absolutely fasinating! Steve was so surprised how regulated it all was now 25 years later! It is really a tourist attraction. They only let 400 people a day hike Hyana Picchu - and we got there too late so we didn't get to go to the top of the world. Steve and the kids were a little disappointed ! Secretly I was glad - we already were hiking all over and it was exhausting!!! After a great day Savannah hiked down the mountain with some of our group and met us at the bottom for dinner. Derek and lauren made friends with the little girl whose mom ran the restaurant by telling her that Derek was a crazy monkey - I think that is the only spanish they know! Here we are up on Macchu Picchu
the kids were always trying to freak me out!!
More Macchu Picchu! Incredible!
The big cliff is Hyana Picchu which we didn't get to climb - maybe next time!
Freaking out mom again!
Trying to fly! They love to scare me!
The restaurant we ate at this night was run by some LDS people as you can tell by the picture on the front of thier restaurant! cute!!

7 comments:

Darren Johnson said...

Keep it up little sis! I love reading about your trip and seeing the pictures. It sure looks like the trip of a lifetime, its great that your whole family got to go!

Diana and Derek said...

Incredible. What a wonderful experience. Keep up the posts!

Shannon said...

WOW! I'm seriously wiping tears. I am totally loving this! Keep it up!
I think i am going to use this as my FHE lesson...

publisher said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
You guys rock - can I be like you when I grow up?

Anonymous said...

I love reading about everyday! Looks so so incredible!

Kristi said...

I couldn't wait for you to post pics and tell how things went! Looks like an amazing experience!

Phil and Kierstin said...

Wow, what an incredible experience!