Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas 2008

We finally got the decorations out! I tried to prepare the teenagers for days - that I was expecting their participation on the little tree downstairs with the homemade ornaments and special ornaments people have giving them. They were REAL happy! Grace on the other hand LOVED it and helped me to the very end! I love having a 7 year old!
Steve and Grace putting up the outside lights - notice NO SNOW!!! We are very sad! We really want to get skiing!
Savannah has truely crossed over to the dark side - this is her while we were putting the tree together - She use to love it!Finally a little Christmas spirit!
Derek the train master - it goes under the tree!

Steve and I got this tree the first year we were married and it shows! But we can't get rid of it - the kids love it!

This is the nice tree upstairs - with (as Grace calls them) "The Fancy" ornaments - She was the best helper!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Gorgeous! I love how derek was in charge of the train, that is always Boston's job too.
So fun!

Anonymous said...

My Mom said that I crossed over to the dark side too for a little while! HA HA HA! It made me laugh when you said that about Savannah! I love your trees! We will miss you guys this year for Christmas!!!!

Phil and Kierstin said...

My kids aren't allowed to help me decorate the tree. I let them help me set it up and make sure the lights work, then I kick them out of the room. I used to let them decorate the back of the tree, but they don't even get that anymore. :) I guess I'm a Christmas Decoration hog.

Jackie said...

YAY!!! IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! We're so excited to see you guys!!

rexburgskinners said...

A normal tree! Looks great! We got a tree at the gas station this year! SAD! A charlie brown tree!! We have snow here today..yeah!We will send some your way!! HUGS for your family!

Diana and Derek said...

I am impressed. Two trees. We have a hard enough time putting one up. It is an old beat up tree too. No snow in southern Cal either. We put up our lights on saturday. We really like putting them up when we are not going to slide off the roof due to the snow and ice.

Katelyn said...

savannah! ahh! love her!

~Katelyn