Tuesday, December 9, 2008

People make the Difference

I know I ask for lots of help on all my many projects - here is some updates!

The official count for Make a wish & Macys right now is $392,721! Thanks to all those who went to schools and had family and friends write - keep up the good work - the campaign goes until christmas!!!

Also Thanks to all those who donated White Shirts, Ties & socks for the missionaries in Latin America - Derek helped me box them all up and we had 2 FULL boxes of donations!

And Thank you to everyone who helped out with the Quilts for Tucson village - they are all finished and we are sending them to Peru with the December expedition!

It has been so great to see so many people volunteer time and money on all these worth while projects! We feel so blessed to be surrounded by such giving people!!! Because of your service many people will feel loved and cared for!! I am trying to teach my children by all these projects that one person can make a difference! What they have learned is that one person with a lot of friends can make a difference! What a great lesson to learn! Surround yourself with good people who know that "the most important things, are not things" Thank you for your great example of a giving spirit!


Derek with a Stack of White shirts!
Lots and lots and lots of ties!
50 quilts were made and tied since we got home in June! The people in that little village of Tucson(look back at our June posts from Peru) will be so happy to recieve these!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

WOW... You are amazing!! What great Projects, and your kids get to be such a big part of it!
I want to be like you when i grow up!
Loves...

Diana and Derek said...

I am hoping our young women and young men can write over an hundred letters tonight. We are a small group, but we are going to do it! What a wonderful example you all set for the rest of us. I agree with Shannon, I want to be like you when I grow up

Waston Hotel said...

Hi Rachel!!! Can you believe I am commenting on your blog? What wonderful things you are envoled in.Your mother is very proud of you!!! Keep up the great work. Love ya Mom